Sunday 31 January 2010

Excercise 4: Shutter Speeds

This is an exercise focusing on shutter speeds which should be good for me as I rarely think of using shutter speed in an artistic way.  I usually only ever worry about it to avoid camera shake or motion blur, which as the exercise has shown me, can actually be used to great effect.

So I choose the shutter speed from very slow, to fast.  I set the camera to TV priority which means I get to choose the speed and the camera chooses the aperture.  My camera doesn't change the iso automatically in changing lights and I forgot to adjust this as the light changed so there are a few blown white spots on the photos when the sunlight was particularly bright.

1. shutter speed 1/4
 


2. shutter speed 1/15

3. shutter speed 1/30

4. shutter speed 1/40



5. shutter speed 1/60
  

6. shutter speed 1/100
  

7. shutter speed 1/125



8. shutter speed 1/250
 

9. shutter speed  1/640




I think that photo 7 at speed 1/125 sec photo is the slowest shutter speed from this collection that froze the motion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment